Behind the Scenes of a Boulangerie : French Bakery Tour in Paris
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 60 minutes (Approx.)
Tour Code: 3234PARISBAKERY
- 1-hour French bakery tour in Paris
- Go behind the scenes of an authentic Parisian boulangerie
- Learn how the classic French baguette is made
- Discover the secrets of French pastries and hear bread-making tips from your knowledgeable French baker
- Take home a freshly baked French baguette and croissant
On this intimate small-group tour of a Paris boulangerie (bakery), you'll go behind the scenes and explore the production rooms where French pain (bread), gateaux (cakes) and patisseries (pastries) are made.
Your knowledgeable bakery guide will explain how to make the famous French baguette and will demonstrate how the machines work. In a warm and relaxed atmosphere, the baker will give you plenty of bread-making tips and will tell you about the bread history.
Far from a factory with industrial methods, the French bakery you’ll visit is a typical small and independent Parisian production unit. Your bakery guide is a skilled artisan craftsman who has a real passion for every aspect of French baking. In addition to your newly acquired baking knowledge, you'll also take home a freshly baked French baguette and a croissant! Any children on the tour will receive a complimentary pain au chocolat (chocolate croissant).