Location: Ayers Rock, Australia
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Tour Code: 2230OPY10
- See the changing colors of the desert as the sun sets over Uluru
- Dinner and star tour near Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Traditional Australian barbecue including complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks
- Exclusive location close to Uluru in the Kata Tjuta National Park
- Stargazing in the Ayers Rock desert is one of the best places on earth to view the southern night sky
- An informative star talk led by a knowledgeable local guide
Enjoy an Aussie-style barbecue dinner with views of Australia’s most recognized natural icon, Uluru (Ayers Rock). After a day exploring Australia’s Red Centre, unwind with a complimentary glass of wine as you watch the sun sink over Uluru. Then, enjoy a mouthwatering dinner within the Uluru Kata-Tjuta National Park as a myriad of stars come out to light up the outback’s night sky. After dinner, your outback experience is enhanced with a star tour of the southern desert sky.
After pickup from Ayers Rock Resort, you'll travel to the Uluru sunset viewing area. Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine and snacks as the sun sets over Uluru.
Continue to the barbecue site located in the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. As you dine looking out across the desert to Uluru (Ayers Rock), savor the mouth-watering flavors of a traditional Aussie barbecue. The menu includes sizzling gourmet sausages of beef and kangaroo, seasonal salads and fresh bread rolls accompanied by a complementary selection of wine, beer and soft drinks.
After dinner, relax with a cup of billy tea as the sun gradually sinks below the desert plain to reveal a myriad of stars in the outback’s spectacular night sky.
The Ayers Rock desert is one of the best places on earth to view the southern night sky. Your local guide and star expert will lead you through the constellations and planets as they move about the sky. Discover the zodiac constellations, find south using the Southern Cross and be amazed by the gleaming Milky Way. This is an experience not to be missed.